Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Aunties and Uncles at the Battlefield


Another beautiful summer's afternoon was spent at the Little Bighorn Battlefield. We'll have to make Uncle Lee and Aunt Irene stay the summer to make sure we don't get the hot weather that's coming. I drove out to the Battlefield to meet up with my aunties and uncles and spent the afternoon taking the tour. I've been several times already but one can always learn a little more each time. Our museum lecture was presented by a Ranger from the Crow tribe, which was a first for me. It gave the story a slightly different slant than the one I've heard in my Cheyenne history classes. We went to the Trading Post shop across the highway and I was in for another suprise. I've only been to the shop in the off season and it was quite crowed on a June afternoon so close to the anniversary of the Battle. I stopped by the Kentucky Fried Chicken at the gas station stop to bring home supper and got home just in time to put it on the table. Posted by Picasa

No comments: