Well, I decided to call it finished for now. There's still paint in the seams on the glue, but I don't want to try to get all the paint for fear of losening the glue and making it fall apart. Can anyone tell me what kind of wood it is? I'm guessing walnut or maple, the lids are veneer and the sides are solid. The brass on the feet polished up real well, maybe too well. I'll keep my eyes open for a finishg that will make it a little darker.
I think that if you click on the picture, you get a larger view.
5 comments:
Beautiful job. It could be Walnut.
Absolutely beautiful! Great job. I know someone that could use some help with a victrola and a cedar hope chest. Of course, you would have to come to Oregon!
Actually, if it's an antique, you might not want to refinish or restore it without consulting an expert. I just wanted to restore this to the finish I remember when I was a kid.
Actually, if it's an antique, you might not want to refinish or restore it without consulting an expert. I just wanted to restore this to the finish I remember when I was a kid.
Post a Comment