
Too late I get the information about how to prevent soggy pie crust bottoms. . . . I slept in a little bit this morning and then got up to start my Thanksgiving Day baking. I cooked up some cranberry sauce since I've had cranberries in my freezer for quite a while and frankly, I can eat the whole pot myself between now and the first of Dec., then I cooked up a pumkin pie and since the oven was already hot, I threw in a chocolate pecan pie. I had been planning to take a little break and bake the other pie this afternoon, since I had to run to the bank. (N0ne of that fancy direct deposit for me, thank you very much.) Anyway, the pies are done, I'm on my way back from the bank, listening to NPR. (It's kinda odd that I can listen to NPR in my car but not in my house???) They're talking football on NPR and I'm not really listening when I hear the subject change to pies. I perk up my ears to listen and the guest chef says, ". . . for example pumpkin and pecan pies, since they're both custard pies, you have to precook the crust before you add the filling. Just add a cooked filling to a cooked crust and you won't get that soggy bottom. GREAT! Now he tells me. So if y'all leave your crust on the plate, my feeling won't be hurt. Just remind me next year.
3 comments:
Maybe I will have the chance to eat your pie some day soon. :)
as far as the 300 is concerned...it is rather graphic being a frank miller project, there isn't any sex or really graphic nudity as in most of his other work but it is violent being about a battle. That said I think that if the students were mature and the community not too conservative it wouldn't be a problem, the students would surely enjoy it. I have found the Best American Non-Required reading series to include some interesting graphic novel bits and surely the mcsweeny's website would have some way to track down the more interesting graphic novelists around.
The pecan pie was delicious and I even ate the crust.
Post a Comment