
I tried to go to work today, honest I did. I got up and showered, dressed for work, started the car and got all the way to town and a little beyond before turning back. I made it OK through the drifts on our road down to the highway and stopped at the highway to call Bill and tell him that I'd made it that far when I realized I had forgotten my glasses. I couldn't see the phone display very well. But I kept going. I drove through Ashland and it didn't seem too bad. Then I got past Ashland and the highway itself was drifted badly on the shoulder and somewhat drifted on the driving lane itself. Then I saw the hill leading out of town and lost my nerve. I probably could have made it to work, but the forecast was for continued snow and blow and I wasn't so sure about the way home. Our road was already pretty bad and another day of snow would not make it better, so I turned around and drove home, only the second time in my life that I've ever done that.
I'd already scheduled to take tomorrow off. I had delusions of taking a trip to Miles City or even Billings and just shopping around for a new spring outfit or something. So I guess tomorrow is as good a time as any to fire up Turbo Tax and get started on the taxes.
ps. It is a pretty view from inside at least.
3 comments:
A snow day sounds wonderful. The picture truly is pretty. It was a beautiful winter snow in Denver. It was very pretty from the inside but very cold out of doors.
So glad to know that ou hd sense enouht to turn back. I didn't go out yesterday myself. I did make it to the store today to buy some buttermilk, etc. Pete made Mom's cornbread for supper last night, and I used by the 2% milk this morning so it needed to be replaced.
Take Care!
And I complained about walking home with the temp in the middle 30's with only wind to pester me.
Post a Comment