Saturday, September 01, 2007

We're Having a Heat Wave!

After a cool spell, we're back to 100 degree afternoons, tempered by 60 degree nights. I wasn't aware of the heat wave until I stepped out of my school Friday afternoon. My building is air conditioned and the library is generally cold enough to "hang meat." After hunting season starts I tell the maintence guy that if he gets his deer he can bring it into my library. This usually accompanies a request to adjust the thermostat, a request that usually results in either a laugh or a comment that "so and so's room is like a sauna and I shouldn't complain. " After this weekend I think I'll just bring a sweater.

The first week is over and I need to spend the holiday weekend planning lessons because, as they say in our business, "The honeymoon is over." Now we get to start the hard stuff. We ususally get a good number of students after Labor Day, but they won't get the honeymoon, just the hard stuff.

We are going to start a "rotating" schedule. Each week we will start the day with a different class period. Next week our first class will be the one labeled 2nd period and we will end with the one labeled 1st period. It should be interesting. I'm very insecure the first weeks of a new semester because I don't know the schedule very well. Now I will never know what's going on schedulewise without looking. It's either going to be fun or nervewracking. I'll let you know which in a few weeks.

2 comments:

jcurmudge said...

In the low 70;s here in Oregon this week-end. IT was a nice trip to St. Helen's, but a lot further then I had imagined when Paul mentioned to possibility of going.j

Louise said...

In the 8th grade, we had a schedule that rotated every single day. I had to keep a copy of the schedule with me at all times or I wouldn't know where I was supposed to be. Good luck with that!