Sunday, December 02, 2007

Braided Rug


I went to the Christmas crafts fair in Colstrip yesterday and got to spend some time with a few friends while starting my Christmas shopping. To tell the truth, the main reason for making the trip was to see my friends. I didn't find too many Christams gifts, and if I did I could hardly mention it here, could I? I did find a new braided rug for the kitchen. I want to make it clear that I'm not replacing an old rug, it's just that I finally found a rug I like at a time when I remembered that I wanted a rug to put in front of the kitchen sink to stand on when washing the dishes. It's got the right colors for the kitchen and it really is cushy to stand on.

It was a nice winter day to drive somewhere. It was snowing just enough to look wintry but not enough to make the roads slick. Today is clear again and with a dusting of snow it is starting to get me in the holiday spirit. Putting up the Christmas tree helped a little too. Things will start getting hectic at work, not because of the holiday season, but because of the basketball season. Basketball is taken very seriously where I work and students who normally don't care about their grades will suddenly care about little else, except for the aforementioned basketball of course.

No comments: