First of all, there was no fire, never was a fire. Relax.
About a week ago, the end of the Thanksgiving Weekend, we were sleeping soundly when an alarm went off in the house. Thinking that it was the alarm clock, I reached up to turn it off. I hit the button that usually turns it off and then hit a few other buttons. My husband finally said, "I think it's the smoke alarm." Then the alarm stopped. I went back to sleep. It had been a long weekend. I was tired. It went off again and again I tried to turn off the alarm clock, hitting buttons in a futile attempt to stop the noise so I could go back to sleep. Once more the noise stopped and I went back to sleep. When it happened again, my husband got up to turn off the smoke alarm. It had happened before, that the alarm went off when there was no reason for it to go off. Before it had been a big bug or dust or something like that. The alarm is plugged into the wall, so there are no batteries to change. When he came back to bed he said, " I unplugged it." "Good. Was there any smoke?" "I didn't check." So he got back up to make sure there wasn't any smoke. There wasn't. We went back to sleep until the "real" alarm went off at 6:00. I turned it off with no problem and I went back to sleep. It had been a long night. I was tired. About 6:30, my husband came in and said, "It's late, 6:30." I groaned and got out of bed, took a shower, got dressed and went to the kitchen to see if I had time for breakfast. My husband took his turn in the shower. I looked at the kitchen clock to see if I had time for breakfast and it was 5:55! What! Don't tell me the battery int he kitchen clock died ! I check several other clocks in the house and they all had variations of 5:55. It seems that in my attempts to turn off the alarm clock I had reset the time. So not only was the night's sleep broken by smoke alarms, but we were up, showered and dressed an hour early!!!!!! It was a long day.
But the house didn't burn down.
1 comment:
A good thing !!
But, at some point it would have either gotten too hot or too cold to stay in bed !!
Post a Comment