Saturday, April 04, 2009

Saturdays

Why is it that when you have to be somewhere you're ambivalent about, like work or school, getting out of bed in the morning is put off until the last minute? I can remember waking up and realizing it was Saturday and leaping out of bed. Whereas on a school day, I had to be told to get up several times before I would even think about it. This morning, however, being a Saturday, finds me up early and checking the morning paper, having a bowl of Cheerios, and writing this blog while watching the non-threatening snow falling, and listening to NPR. (I hope pledge week is over, but I'm afraid it isn't.)

A snow storm was forecast for this weekend, so I made sure we had some milk and bread in case we got snowed it. I have a new book, a new video game and a pile of laundry to wash. I have made no plans for the weekend because we were going to get a couple feet of snow, but right now the snow is falling so slowly you could follow a single flake from the top of the window to the ground and time it, and it would take a minute and a half. It is so sparse that you have to look twice to be sure it is snowing.

What a let down. Like getting all dressed up and "no place to go." I feel like I should take advantage of the situation and do something productive, but I'm already set in my mind to make a "snow day" of it.

So I'm off to play Zelda:Legend of the Windwalker, followed by a few chapters of William Gibson's new book and a nap before I start the laundry.

Have a Good day, where ever you are.

1 comment:

David, Laird of Kilnaish said...

78 and sunny. Working in the yard. :)