So my husband's birthday was on Wednesday and as it turned out I had to be at work really late on Wednesday. So as a kind of birthday present I took a personal day off on Thursday to do something special. We hadn't decided what to do yet. Maybe go Christmas shopping on a weekday and avoid the holiday crowds, maybe work on a project that keeps getting put off. Or if the unexpected happened we'd be setting up a new computer.
About 4:00 pm on Wednesday, while still at work we found out about a couple of semi trucks that had jacknifed on the road between work and home and the road was closed. No problem, I just took the back road and got home a little later than expected. No problem, I had the next day off, right? Well, about an hour before going to bed on Wedesday night, we turned the heat down. At bedtime, however the furnace was still blowing away and turning it down even more made no difference., it was still uncomfortably warm. It turned out that the only way to turn the furnace off was to turn off the breaker.
So, the special day turned into a day where my husband spent the day testing various things and doing internet research to figure out what was wrong with the furnace. Thankfully, we've had an unusually warm spell and could leave the furnace off most of the day. I spent the day reading, playing my video game and baking some "birthday brownies."
Irony or . . . . .poetic justice?
1 comment:
Irony. Definitely irony. I quit taking planned days off to spend on myself. Everytime I do, something bad happens. No more.
Post a Comment